- 7 Nins Acorn
- 7 Cups
- Timber dish, diameter 18cm
- Natural beech timber
- Non-toxic water-based colour stain
- For children 12mo+
The beautiful 7 Moons Weekly Calendar from Grapat teaches children about the days of the week. The very sweet 7 Nins Acorn peg people and 7 Cups can be played with separately to the calendar as well.
The seven Nins Acorn and Cups are stained in seven colours associated with the different days of the week. Children will learn to associate each day with its color, and in this way they will be able to understand the passage of the days.
Many ancient cultures believed that every day of the week had its own planet, colour, scent, and grain. This idea was applied by Waldorf practioners:
- Monday: moon, rice, purple or violet, jasmine
- Tuesday: Mars, red, Barley, clove.
- Wednesday, Mercury, Millet, yellow, copal
- Thursday, Jupiter, rye, orange, cedar
- Friday: Venus, oats, green, rose
- Saturday: Saturn, corn, indigo or blue, myrrh
- Sunday: sun, wheat, white, frankincense
Made from natural timber with water-based colour stain, the oieces feel soft and textural in the hand and are fantastic for sensory play. Joguines Grapat toys are popularamongst Montessori and Waldorf minded parents, but also amongst parents who simply enjoy beautiful, natural toys that allow for educational, fun play.
Being hand-finished from natural materials, each of Grapat's beautiful offerings is unique, with slightly different shaping, paint finishes, wood grain, texture, and occasional wood knots showing. Please note they are stained, not painted, and they are not varnished.