We offer lots of different payment methods at Milk Tooth, because we want to make your transaction as smooth and easy as possible. We know you have preferences when you checkout and we want to cater to them. We offer PayPal, credit card, Afterpay, zipPay, Laybuy, Humm, bank deposit, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and now - because you've requested it - our own Lay-By system.
Simply put, when your order totals $250.00 or more, our Lay-By system allows you to pay a 20% deposit at the time of purchase, then gives you four months to pay off the balance of your order. We send you your order as soon as the balance is paid off in full. All deposits and installments are to be paid via bank deposit.
These steps form part of the Terms and Conditions of a Lay-By at Milk Tooth.
1. During checkout, select Lay-By as your payment method. Please only select Lay-By if your order totals $250.00 or more, otherwise we will request payment in full via bank transfer within two business days.
2. We will send you both an Order Confirmation Email and a Lay-By Instructions Email. Please allow up to three business days for the Lay-By Instructions Email to be sent to you. There's nothing to pay until you receive this email.
3. The Lay-By Instructions Email will provide you with our bank account details and request you to pay a deposit of 20% of your total Lay-By amount within two business days to secure the stock in your order.
4. You will then have four months from the date of your order (your Lay-By Due Date) to pay the remaining 80% of the Lay-By. You can pay this in as many or few installments as you wish.
5. As soon as you've paid your final installment, please email us with your order number at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
6. We will reconcile your payments and confirm your Lay-By has been paid in full, then will immediately ship your order to you.
Your total Lay-By amount includes the shipping fee applicable to your order, if any.
If you do not pay the 20% deposit on your Lay-By within two business days of the date of your Lay-By Instructions Email, Milk Tooth will cancel your Lay-By and the items in your order will no longer be held for you. You will then be sent an Order Cancellation Email. We will not remind you to pay the deposit before cancelling your Lay-By.
If you fail to pay the remaining 80% of the balance of your Lay-By before your Lay-By Due Date, Milk Tooth will cancel your Lay-By, refund any deposit and installments you've already paid less a Lay-By Termination Fee, and the items in your order will no longer be held for you. You will then be sent an Order Cancellation Email. The Lay-By Termination Fee is 20% of the total Lay-By amount.
It is your responsibility to ensure you have paid your Lay-By in full before its due date. Milk Tooth will not send you a reminder as your Lay-By Due Date approaches or after your Lay-By Due Date has passed. Instead, your Lay-By will automatically be cancelled and the Lay-By Termination Fee charged as described above.
Milk Tooth does not accept returns or exchanges due to change of mind for items purchased via Lay-By.
If you wish to cancel your Lay-By at any time before it is paid off in full, we will refund any deposit and/or installments paid by you, less the Lay-By Termination Fee.
The price(s) of the item(s) included in your Lay-By at the time of purchase are final. No further discounts or price adjustments can or will be made, regardless of prior, current, or future sales or discounts.
Payment must be made in full before items will be shipped. A Lay-By order will only be shipped as a whole once the entire Lay-By is paid off in full. Milk Tooth will not ship partial orders even if your installments are sufficient to cover some of the items in full.
Milk Tooth is unable to make changes to an existing Lay-By. We cannot change, replace, remove, or add items from or to a Lay-By.
The Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) sets out the legalities of a lay-by agreement on its website. Milk Tooth's Lay-By Terms and Conditions are in accordance with ACCC guidance and form part of our general Terms and Conditions.